If you’re looking for weapons to make at home, it’s good to start with the easy and popular ones first. These are the weapons that a lot of people have already made and have proven to be effective if done correctly. However, it’s important to note that they still require extra precaution. Contrary to popular belief, they’re not toys and they’re actually very dangerous.
The potato cannon (aka spud cannon) is a pipe-based weapon that you can make after a short trip to the hardware store. They’re popularly made out of PVC pipes because it’s the easiest way to make one. The cannon uses a combination of air pressure and firing of a combustible gas to launch potatoes or other projectiles. Here’s how to make one:
- Spark generator
- 4 inch threaded plug
- 4 inch fitting cleanout adapter
- 4 inch coupler
- 4 inch by 24 inch pipe
- 4 inch by 2 inch increaser reducer
- 2 inch by 48 inch pipe
- PVC cleaner, primer and cement
- Potatoes to be used as projectiles
- Aerosol hair spray (Aqua Net works best)
Note: Materials B to G are all PVC.
- Cut E and G according to specifications.
- Clean materials B to G. Apply primer to where you’re going to attach each part.
- Connect B to G using PVC cement. Let dry for 24 hours.
- Drill a hole right in the middle of E.
- Attach A to the hole made in E.
- Use the file to sharpen the edges of G. This will help you shove down the potatoes easily.
How to fire it:
- Make sure that you’re in a large area free of anything that you wouldn’t want to hit.
- Unscrew B and shove the potato down G using a stick.
- Spray Aqua Net inside E. Make sure that you don’t put too much or too little.
- Screw back B quickly.
- Aim at a clear location and flick on the spark generator.
A pneumatic cannon is very much like a combustible potato cannon as far as the design is concerned. One glaring difference is the fact that a combustible cannon relies on air pressure and firing combustible gas while a pneumatic cannon relies on air pressure only, hence the name.
- Two 2 inch PVC pipes (any length)
- 2 inch PVC female end cap
- 2 inch PVC valve (female on both sides)
- Schrader valve from a bicycle tire. Cut tire around the valve with about half an inch radius.
- PVC primer and cement
- Smooth both ends of pipes with sandpaper.
- Drill a hole about 3.5 inches from the end of one of the PVC pipes. Use a drill bit that’s about the same thickness of the Schrader valve.
- Apply primer and then cement on the insides of the hole you just made. Attach the Schrader valve from the inside making sure to apply pressure for about 2 minutes.
- Connect the end cap using the PVC primer and cement at the end of the pipe where the Schrader valve is. Use your body weight to apply pressure for about 2 minutes.
- Connect the other end of that pipe to the PVC valve using the primer and cement. Connect the other pipe to the other end of the PVC valve. Apply pressure for 2 minutes.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
- Arm the cannon with your preferred projectile. Projectiles roughly the diameter of the pipe works best.
- Attach a bike pump to the Schrader valve and pump 35 psi of air to the pneumatic cannon.
- Don’t aim at anything you don’t want to hit. Aim at a clear location like a football field.
- Turn the valve tightly to release the air and launch the projectile.
A stun gun is a defensive weapon preferred by a lot of individuals. What you don’t know is you can turn a disposable camera into your very own stun gun.
- Disposable camera with flash
- Flat head screwdriver
- Wire stripper
- Speaker wire
- Discharge power from the flash bulb. This is very important to avoid shocking yourself. Wind the camera up and take a picture by pressing the button.
- Disassemble the camera by carefully prying it open with a flat head screwdriver.
- Take out the circuit board inside the camera. Make sure that you pull it out carefully and that every component is still attached to it.
- Split the speaker wire by about 1 ½ inches from end. Strip the wires by about half an inch and twist the wires so that there won’t be any stray wires.
- Find the capacitor (a black tube that looks like a AAA battery) and use the flat head screwdriver to check it it’s really discharged. Find the capacitor wire and attach the speaker wires to each capacitor wire. Make sure to twist the speaker wires properly to ensure proper contact.
- Put everything back together with the other end of the speaker wires hanging from the bottom of the camera. Check to see if the camera is still discharged.
- Cut the protruding speaker wires by about 2 inches. Pull them apart and strip the wires to expose them.
- Charge the camera by winding it up and pressing down the button. You should hear it charging. Once charged, you have your very own stun gun.
As mentioned, these weapons to make at home are very dangerous. Do it at your own risk and be careful!