A lot of people want to make homemade weapons for several reasons. But most people, who just want to be assured of their safety in times of danger and chaos, make them for self-defense. However, don’t summon your inner MacGyver just yet. There are a lot of things that you have to consider and this simple how-to guide will show you the way if you do decide to make them.
Simply put, most of these weapons are illegal but I’m sure you know that. With that being said, check your local laws and if you found out that making it is legal, don’t use it for anything illegal.
There are homemade weapons that require the use of dangerous materials like gas, poison, gunpowder and the likes. It goes without saying that handling them is very dangerous. Most people stick to using non-lethal materials but that can be dangerous as well since they’re weapons after all. Do it at your own risk.
Lethal vs. Non-lethal
You actually have these two choices for weaponry. Simply put, lethal weapons are more likely to kill a human being than non-lethal ones.
Here are some popular home made weapons:
Ah, the weapon of choice of rioters for its ease of construction and use. Obviously, this is very dangerous and very illegal.
- Bottle stopper
- Rag soaked in alcohol
- Fill the bottle with a mixture of gasoline and a little tar. The tar is to make the gas stick to the target.
- Insert the rag into the bottle and close it shut using a bottle stopper.
The Molotov is armed by lighting the soaked rag and throwing it like a grenade. The bottle will break on impact releasing the gasoline into the fire and this will lead to a fiery explosion.
Sock N Lock
This is probably the easiest weapon that you can make. This is very helpful if you find yourself in danger inside your home and you need a weapon to defend yourself.
- A heavy padlock
- A pair of strong socks
- Put the padlock inside a sock and ball it up.
- Insert the balled-up sock with the padlock inside the other sock.
- Tie a knot where the balled-up sock with the padlock is.
To use, all you need to do is to swing it just like a medieval mace and chain.
There’s no need for spikes since the heavy padlock can do heavy damage and can even be lethal if used to hit on vital parts of the body.
Smoke bomb (with color)
A smoke bomb is popularly used by the police and the military to gain an advantage over criminals and terrorists. It can easily disorient anyone and that will give the police and the military the advantage to apprehend the criminals or terrorists.
Some people have used this in the past to avoid an otherwise sticky situation like an attack.
- Cardboard tube
- Salt peter (potassium nitrate)
- Baking soda
- Organic powdered dye (blue works best)
- Firework fuse
- Cotton balls
- Duct tape
- Set up a stove outside where there are no flammable materials around for added safety.
- Mix 60 grams of the salt peter and 40 grams of the sugar in the pan. Apply very low heat.
- Stir constantly. You will see that it will slowly turn into brown. If it’s turning to black, take it off the heat at once. Keep stirring until it’s about the same consistency as peanut butter. Keep fire away from this mixture!
- Add one tbsp of baking soda and mix in.
- Add 3 spoonfuls of the dye. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover one end of the cardboard tube. Fill up the tube with the mixture until there’s about ¾ inch left at the top of the tube. Stick a pen in the middle and let it sit there while the mixture sits for an hour.
- Take out the pen and insert the firework fuse in the hole made by the pen. Stuff with cotton balls.
- Wrap the tube with duct tape including the top. Remember NOT TO PACK IT TOO TIGHTLY and also remember to LEAVE A SMALL HOLE ON THE TOP. This is to let the smoke out and so that it will not explode due to the pressure.
To use it, all you need to do is to light the fuse. As the smoke sets off, that will give you the chance to get the hell out of there and save yourself.
Hopefully, this simple guide was able to show you all you need to know if you want to make homemade weapons. Remember to keep safe and don’t do anything stupid to get you in legal troubles.