Some people create weapons just for fun, while some people make them to inflict damage. Unfortunately, some of those looking to inflict damage use these weapons to commit crimes. On the other hand, those on the other side of the fence make them so they can defend themselves.
There are also some bored individuals who make these weapons to inflict damage on something that they want to destroy. Obviously, you’d want something destructive to get the job done.
But needless to say, these are very dangerous and most of them are very illegal. Check local laws first if you can make them and if you do decide to make them, do it at your own risk.
Fire is a good friend of destruction and Molotov cocktails can provide fire quickly. This weapon has a long history, named after the Soviet Prime Minister in the WWII in order to mock him. If you want to know the amount of damage that they can cause, keep in mind that they were the earlier anti-tank weapons. Yes, they can disable tanks.
They’re still in use today mainly by violent rioters. But some people make them in order to do damage on structures that they want to destroy like an old barn. It can also be used to destroy bee hives.
With all its potential for damage, making Molotov cocktails is surprisingly easy. You just need a few things namely:
- Quart bottle
Those are just 5 things that you can find in your garage. Making them is also very easy.
- Fill the quart bottle with a mixture of 2/3 gasoline and 1/3 oil.
- Soak the rag in gasoline and stuff it on the mouth of the bottle.
- Cork the bottle making sure that it’s really tight.
- Light the rag and throw it towards the target.
Some people use purely gasoline but this mixture is more destructive. The oil will make sure that the fire will stick and not even water can extinguish it. You can also use tar and the burning tar will do an even bigger damage.
A flamethrower is a World War II weapon known for the damage that it causes. Just like the Molotov, it uses the power of fire in order to do damage. The theory is pretty simple. All you need to have is a fuel source sprayed directly to a fire source. This same theory is used by people in making their own flamethrowers.
Obviously, they are very dangerous although a lot of people still make them to deal with wasp nests, bee hives and ant hills. They’re also used to burn leaves, garbage and the likes. There are a lot of ways in order to make one, some of which are very complicated and technical. However, there are ways to make them simpler and safer using these materials:
- Pressurized spray can that’s refillable
- Industrial type isopropyl alcohol (99% purity)
- Handheld butane torch with an electric push button switch
- The challenge here is how you’re going to attach the butane torch with the spray can. But with a few pipes designed like a gun, you can attach the can and the butane torch using duct tape. Make sure that you don’t puncture the can or the torch as they’re pressurized. There should be at least 2 inches of space in between the flame and the nozzle of the can and that the fire should be at a 45 degree angle just like in the illustration below.
- Fill the spray can with isopropyl alcohol. Screw on the top and put around 100 psi of pressure inside the can using a tire pump or air hose.
- Turn on the butane torch using the electric push button switch and press on the nozzle towards the direction of your target.
Now, it’s important to note that the range of this weapon is dependent on the pressure and the nozzle. A tight stream nozzle is generally safer compared to a wide mist especially on windy days. A tight mist will also provide the longest range as it’s capable of reaching 30 feet. The wasp nest doesn’t stand a chance.
Don’t hate on the popular sparkler bombs. While they’re commonly made for the 4th of July celebration, they can cause a lot of damage if you know how to. If you’re not familiar with sparkler bombs, here are the materials:
- Sparklers (as many as you want)
- Electrical tape
- Lay down the sparklers on the floor and bunch them together to form some sort of cylinder. Make sure that everything’s facing the same direction. The tips of the sparklers should be on top and the sticks at the bottom. Obviously, the bottom part will be thinner than the top part so it’s not a perfect cylinder.
- You can start by wrapping electrical tape at the bottom just so they’ll be in place. Pull out one sparkler at the middle and this will serve as your fuse. Wrap up and down the bomb making sure that it’s really tight. Wrap around 10 times up and down making sure that there are no holes even around the fuse. If there are holes, you’ll just have a big sparkler show instead of a big bang.
Once you’re finished, you should have something that looks like this:
If you do it correctly, you’ll have something as damaging as this:
So you see, you can easily create weapons that can cause a lot of damage. It’s just a matter of knowing the perfect materials to use and the perfect process to make them.